The Left Unity Slate was formed in autumn 2021 with seven candidates for offices up for statewide vote in the California primary election of June 7, three members of the Peace and Freedom Party and four members of the Green Party, all formally endorsed by both parties.
Since then, the original seven Left Unity Slate endorsees have agreed to expand the slate by welcoming two fellow PFP/Green endorsees: Mohammad Arif, candidate for Lieutenant Governor, and Marco Amaral, candidate for Superintendent of Public Instruction.
The election for Superintendent of Public Instruction is non-partisan and all candidates run without party affiliation listed on the ballot, but all other Left Unity Slate candidates are listed with party labels.
The current Left Unity Slate numbers nine candidates, four PFP, four Green, and one unaffiliated:
• Luis J. Rodriguez for Governor (Green Party)
• Mohammad Arif for Lieutenant Governor (PFP)
• Gary N. Blenner for Secretary of State (G)
• Laura Wells for Controller (G)
• Meghann Adams for Treasurer (PFP)
• Dan Kapelovitz for Attorney General (G)
• Nathalie Hrizi for Insurance Commissioner (PFP)
• John Thompson Parker for U.S. Senator (PFP)
• Marco Amaral for Superintendent of Public Instruction (n/a)
For brief candidate bios and outward-facing links on the Left Unity Slate candidates and other Peace & Freedom Party endorsees for Election 2022, please click here.
Peace & Freedom Party thanks you for your vote in the 2022 California primary. Vote Socialist, vote progressive, vote Left Unity Slate!